NEWS CELEBRITY ENTERTAINMENT FASHION HEALTH HOOK UP LEAKED LIFESTYLE MUSIC RELATIONSHIP VIDEOS

Wednesday 1 August 2018

I Moved To Lisbon So My Son Can Get A Better Football Academy, Madonna Reveals

Get Best Daily Health Tips Here
Madonna has spoken about her decision to move her family from America to Lisbon for the first time in a new World Exclusive interview for Vogue Italia. 

The 59-year-old posed for a series of shots for photographer Mert & Marcus as did her daily chores and portrayed her in the company of her four children.

She said: 'My son David, who is going to be 13 on September 24, has wanted to play soccer professionally for years.

'I’ve been desperate to get him into the best academies with the best coaches, but the level of football in America is much lower than the rest of the world.


'I saw his frustration, and I also felt it was a good time. I felt like we needed a change, and I wanted to get out of America for a minute – as you know, this is not America’s finest hour.'

Madonna, who turns 60 on August 16, has been living in Lisbon for the past year with four of her six children – David Banda, 12, Mercy James, 12, and the twins Stella and Esther, 5.

Talking about her decision to move to Lisbon, she said: 'It was actually between three different cities that had soccer academies.

'And I thought, let me see if I could live somewhere else for a year and put my four youngest kids in a different environment, as I think it’s also important to expose them to different cultures and living in different places.

'So, it was between Turin, Barcelona, and Benfica in Lisbon. I went to all those places and tried to imagine myself living there. Of course, Barcelona is a super fun city, and I like Turin as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments